“Sports & Play Industry Association Membership”
Green Planet Grass is now a Member of SAPIA in the Principal Contractors Division.
SAPIA is the peak body for sports & recreation construction in Australasia. Members are specialists in the design, construction, installation, maintenance, manufacture, supply & testing of sports & play spaces, both domestic & commercial.
SAPIA is a not-for-profit association, initially known as the Tennis Court & Sports Field Builders Association of Australasia, then later as the Sports Contractors Association. The name was changed again in 2016 to include specialist playground contractors & suppliers.
SAPIA was established to promote the best construction standards and business practices for the benefit of both members and their customers, as well as to contribute to the safe sporting pleasure of participants who use facilities constructed or serviced by members of the association.
The objectives of SAPIA include:
- To raise standards of design, construction & workmanship in the sports & recreation industries in Australasia;
- To encourage & promote sound and ethical business practices among members through education & mentoring, the sharing of information & knowledge, and adherence to a Code of Ethics;
- To promote the skills & expertise of members to end users & sporting bodies;
- To raise consumer confidence & goodwill by offering advice & a dispute resolution service;
- To provide a representative voice for the industry to the public & regulatory authorities.
SAPIA membership signifies that the contractor has demonstrated that they meet the Association’s standards of workmanship & has the requisite expertise & experience to tender on customers’ projects.
For more information go to www.sapia.org.au
At Green Planet Grass our Australian Made synthetic lawns don’t look like fake grass.